Monday, May 23, 2016

Saying yes, tying knot

We complete two weeks of married life today. (I was going to say i instead of we, out of old habit.) So far, so good. I always felt marriage is not for me. To be sincere, wedding is more of a social formality and marriage is a word we use to provide overwhelming support to a couple who don't really need it any more than the society. In an ideal world, there would be no need to undergo rituals you don't even understand as it's conducted in a beautiful language that is dying a slow death. It's a lovely circus. But then, we didn't inherit an ideal world and nor are we going to bequeath one. This is what we have and this is what it's going to be like with or without your approval. 


All that said, i really enjoyed my wedding. The most fun birthday i ever had. It was tiring though. And of all the pictures clicked by friends and family members, i liked this one the most. Shared by KG, it catches me asking the priest the exact Sanskrit words to repeat after him while my amma has bent down to correct my vesti as papa looks on. Oh yes, there's my wife there too sitting adorably quietly!

1 comment:

Harry said...

heartiest congratulations, shakti!