Sunday, April 14, 2013

Doggy style

I respect street dogs. I don't love them as such but i do admire their ethics. Had i loved them, i'd have done a bit more than feeding them Parle-G every now and then. Speaking of which, almost all the dogs in my neighbourhood recognize me. It's like saying "Sanpada ka kutta kutta jaanta hai mujhe" and then actually saying it. They are wonderful creatures. Instinctive, free, fun-loving, hungry, fierce and true survivors. Coming back to how they won my admiration, there's a small theory behind it. You see dogs did a favour on us by letting us domesticate them. And both our speices go back a long time. Of course, there comes moments when they teach us how to run fast by chasing our buttocks. However, they've helped us understand boundaries. Invisible, that is. You see street dogs respect each others' space. Over a period of time, they build these fences that need no mending. Unlike Korean 38th Parallel. Yes, there are incursions that never go unpunished but the idea is to bite and fuck within your own territory. The fittest survive but rarely tells a tale. He eventually gets replaced by someone who barks louder and snarls wider. It's a 'healthy' setup as long as the human government decides when and whom to spay. If you spend some time understanding how they look out for their friends and treat their enemies, you'll be stunned by the amount of justice they dispense. We love reminding ourselves that it's a dog-eats-dog planet but the canines certainly don't believe in such nonsense. They are far more sophisticated than that. If only this world was indeed going to the dogs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goddy Style.



Nu

Anonymous said...

Dogs can be your bestest of friends and the worstest to your enemies.I just love them for their fierce loyalty and unpretentious ways!It's an insult to them that man should be referred to as dogs,I wish they could adopt all other styles of the dogs as well!

t said...

That's what I did too! :) A bunch of dogs around our campus, hostel..and fed ParleG to all of them. Sheebu was my favorite. I've never seen a smarter dog. My companion for work at night. :)